The privacy of our users and visitors is important and this document outlines the types of information that is collected and recorded by Du Val PropTech and Du Val Private Office, how we use it, how we process it and how we store it.
Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
We collect information in various ways including:
- Through our website - for example name, address, telephone numbers or email details.
- Through subscription to our members platform
- When we validate your identity, using a passport, ID card or proof of address document
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website • Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, our products, and services and for marketing and promotional purposes
- You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by emailing email@example.com
- Send you emails
- Identify and prevent fraud
- Respond to your requests
- Comply with regulations and legal requirements to verify who you are, as a condition of providing our services and products (this includes companies, Trusts and charities as well as individuals)
- Comply with anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing requirements
- Create a smooth online experience for example by setting cookies and tailoring what you see on the website. Visit www.xxxxx.com/cookies for more information.
- To facilitate the sale or purchase of a property. Whom may we share your personal information with
- Official bodies to detect and prevent criminal activity
- Du Val PropTech or Du Val Private Office employees who require it to perform their tasks and duties
- Third parties such as solicitors and developers involved in your transaction who may require us to share your information
- Organizations that support the products and services we supply to you
Anyone you give us permission to share it with Log Files Du Val PropTech follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites.
All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons Like any other website, Du Val PropTech uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited.
The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information. For more general information on cookies, please read "What Are Cookies".
They automatically receive your IP address when this occurs. These technologies are used to measure the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns and/or to personalize the advertising content that you see on websites that you visit. Note that Du Val PropTech Du Val Private Office has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
Policies specific to different countries USA CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information) Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer's personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer's personal data, not sell the consumer's personal data.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. UK & Europe GDPR Data Protection Rights We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – you have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – you has the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. Children's Information Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Du Val PropTech does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13.
If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Hong Kong Personal Data Privacy Ordinance Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong Personal information is any information that tells us something about you. This could include information such as name, contact details, date of birth, bank account details or any information about your needs or circumstances which would allow us to identify you.
Some personal information is classified as "special" data under data protection legislation. This includes information relating to health, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or political opinions and sexual orientation. This information is more sensitive, and we need to have further justifications for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information.
There are also additional restrictions on the circumstances in which we are permitted to collect and use criminal conviction data.
Any references to personal information in this privacy notice will include personal data, and where relevant, special categories of personal data under the Hong Kong SAR Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance- Cap.486 (the “Ordinance”).
Overseas transfers of your personal information We may transfer, store, or process your personal information in locations outside the HK SAR. Where the countries to which your personal information is transferred do not offer an equivalent level of protection for personal information to the laws of the HK SAR, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place. We will use the safeguards: To transfer it to a place outside HK with privacy laws that give the same protection as the HK.